Here at West Coventry Academy we believe that the right careers advice throughout a students’ time with us is crucial in helping them make the right decisions about their future and provides direction and purpose to their journey with us.
Via a comprehensive and inspirational Careers Programme our pupils will be ready to achieve their full potential, having the confidence, qualities and skills to achieve success and happiness in their chosen Career.– West Coventry Academy’s Careers Vision
Looking for information?
We recommend students please take some time to explore Careers for the future. Please take some time to look at some of these resources so you are more career savvy.
- Information for Students
- Information for Parents
- Working with Local Businesses and Employers
- Upcoming Careers Events and Open Days
We employ a full time ‘Careers Adviser’, Chris Day. You can contact her via email: email@example.com. Students can also find her in her office on the ground floor. As part of her roll she will:
- Provide targeted support for Year 11, 12 and 13 to help them make important decisions about final destinations
- Give advice to Year 9 and Year 11 as they make their GCSE subject choices and make applications to Post 16 providers
- Organise and lead on career related educational visits
- Lead on organising Year 10 and Year 12 Work Experience (ALL students participate in a work experience placement at the end of Year 10 and 12)
- Lead on whole school PHSE Days and assemblies which have a careers focus.